This report forecasts to 2024 US pallet demand and production in units. Total demand is segmented by material in terms of: wood, corrugated and molded pulp, plastic, and metal. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: food and beverage manufacturing, other manufacturing such as chemicals and transportation equipment, warehousing, and construction and other markets such as use in-store by retailers and military transportation and storage.HIGHLIGHTSMARKET ENVIRONMENT
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2009 to 2019; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2009, 2014, and 2019.
Pallets are flat portable platforms used for handling, storing, or moving materials and packages either inside warehouses or factories or between locations.
Pallets are constructed primarily from wood but can also be made from other materials such as plastic, corrugated board, metal, or molded fiber. Pallets fabricated from more than one type of material are classified depending on the type of material accounting for the greatest portion of their composition.
Wood pallets are available in three types: new, refurbished (reconditioned), and remanufactured (rebuilt).
Pallet demand in this report is also segmented by market. In analyzing demand by market, the party who places goods on the pallet is considered to be the user of the pallet. For example, when a manufacturer of breakfast cereal purchases a pallet to ship boxes of the cereal, this is considered to be demand by a manufacturer in the food and beverage market. When a pallet management firm purchases a pallet, stores it, and then leases it to a manufacturer, this is considered to be demand by a warehousing services provider.
The term "stock" refers to all pallets held by users, including those not actively in use.
Export and import figures include only pallets traded as a good unto themselves. Pallets crossing international borders as containers for other products are excluded from trade figures.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
321920 Wood container and pallet manufacturing
MATERIAL SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Near-Term Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- North America Regional Outlook
MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Corrugated & Molded Pulp
- Food & Beverage Manufacturing
- Other Manufacturing
- Construction & Other Markets
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in the US Pallet Market, 2019 - 2024
- Figure 2 | US Pallet Demand Trends, 2009 - 2019
- Table 1 | Key Indicators for US Pallet Demand, 2009 - 2024 (2012US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America: Pallet Demand by Country, 2019 (%)
- Figure 4 | US Pallet Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (mil units)
- Table 2 | US Pallet Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (mil units)
- Table 3 | US Pallet Supply & Demand, 2009 - 2024 (mil units)
- Figure 5 | US Pallet Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Figure 6 | US Pallet Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (mil units)
- Table 4 | US Pallet Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (mil units)
- Figure 7 | US Pallet Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Table 5 | Selected Suppliers to the US Pallet Market
- Table 6 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Pallets