This report forecasts total US tea retail sales in ounces and nominal US dollars for 2022-2026. Total retail sales by value are segmented and forecasted for 2026 by product in terms of: canned/bottled ready-to-drink (RTD), refrigerated RTD, bags/loose tea, and instant mixes.HIGHLIGHTSMARKET OVERVIEW
To illustrate historical trends, total tea retail sales in volume and value terms are provided for 2016-2021; the various segments by value are provided for 2016, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
This report focuses on the market for packaged tea beverage products sold to consumers in the US via retail channels. All retail distribution channels are covered, including supermarkets and grocery stores, mass merchandisers and supercenters, warehouse clubs, specialty food stores, health/natural food stores, convenience stores, drugstores, dollar stores, vending machines, and direct sales channels like online and mail order. Alcoholic beverages are excluded from this report.
Freedonia quantifies trends in various measures of growth and volatility. Growth (or decline) expressed as an average annual growth rate (AAGR) is the least squares growth rate, which takes into account all available datapoints over a period. Growth calculated as a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) employs, by definition, only the first and last datapoints over a period. The CAGR is used to describe forecast growth, defined as the expected trend beginning in the base year and ending in the forecast year. Readers are encouraged to consider historical volatility when assessing particular annual values along the forecast trend, including in the forecast year.
A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
311920 Coffee and Tea Mfg
424490 Other Grocery and Related Products Merchant Wholesalers
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Market Size
- Consumer Insights
- Key Opportunities
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in US Tea Retail Sales, 2021 - 2026
- Figure 2 | US Tea Retail Sales by Product, 2016 - 2026 (US$ bil)
- Table 1 | US Tea Retail Sales by Product, 2016 - 2026 (US$ mil)
- Table 2 | US Tea Retail Sales by Value & Volume, 2016 - 2026
- Figure 3 | US Tea Retail Sales by Product, 2016 - 2026 (% of value)
- Table 3 | Consumption Rates for Tea, 2011 - 2021 (% of hshlds)
- Figure 4 | COVID-19 Pandemic Changes to Beverage Drinking Habits During the Work Day
- Figure 5 | Buying More Because of the Pandemic, 2021 (% of adults)
- Table 4 | Type of Tea Drunk in Last 6 Months, 2011 - 2021 (% of hshlds that drink tea bags/packages)
- Table 5 | Form of Tea Drunk in Last 6 Months, 2011 - 2021 (% of hshlds that drink tea bags/packages)
- Table 6 | Flavor of Tea Drunk in Last 6 Months, 2011 - 2021 (% of hshlds that drink tea bags/packages)
- Table 7 | Cups of Tea Drunk on Average Day, 2011 - 2021 (% of hshlds that drink tea bags/packages)
- Table 8 | Type of RTD Iced Tea/Kombucha Drunk Most Often, 2011 - 2021 (% of adults that drink RTD iced tea/kombucha)
- Table 9 | Drinks/Glasses of RTD Tea/Kombucha Drunk by Household in Last 7 Days, 2011 - 2021 (% of hshlds that drink RTD tea/kombucha)
- Table 10 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Tea