This report forecasts to 2024 thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) demand and production in metric tons in Canada. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: thermoplastic polyolefins (TPOs); styrenic block copolymers (SBCs); polyolefin elastomers (POEs); thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPVs); and other products, such as thermoplastic polyurethanes and copolyester elastomers. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: motor vehicles; asphalt and roofing; adhesives, sealants, and coatings; consumer goods; and other markets, such as industrial products, packaging, and medical products.HIGHLIGHTSMARKET ENVIRONMENT
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2009 to 2019; production and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2009, 2014, and 2019.
For the purposes of this report, a TPE is defined as any thermoplastic material that exhibits elastomeric properties; TPEs therefore offer the functional performance characteristics of thermoset rubber, but are processed using the methods and machinery of rigid thermoplastics.
SBCs that do not exhibit elastomeric properties (i.e., high styrene products that contain roughly 60% or more styrene) are excluded from the scope of this report.
While TPOs and TPVs are "polyolefin elastomers" in a technical sense, they are defined separately for the purposes of this report. Furthermore, vulcanized olefin elastomers such as ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) and ethylene-propylene rubber are not TPEs and are thus excluded.
Compounds with vulcanized elastomers are considered to be TPVs rather than TPOs. Various sources and manufacturers differ on the degree of vulcanization required to define an olefinic TPE as a TPV, so estimates of current global demand can vary.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
325211 Plastics Material and Resin Manufacturing
325212 Synthetic Rubber Manufacturing
PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Near-Term Impact of COVID-19
- Sustainability & New Product Development
- North America Regional Outlook
MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Thermoplastic Polyolefins
- Styrenic Block Copolymers
- Polyolefin Elastomers
- Thermoplastic Vulcanizates
- Other Products
SUPPLY & DEMAND FORECASTSINDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Motor Vehicles
- Asphalt & Roofing
- Adhesives, Sealants, & Coatings
- Consumer Goods
- Other Markets
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in Thermoplastic Elastomer Market, 2019 - 2024
- Figure 2 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand Trends, 2009 - 2019
- Table 1 | Canada: Key Indicators for Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand, 2009 - 2024 (2018US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand by Country, 2019 (%)
- Figure 4 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (000 m tons)
- Table 2 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (000 m tons)
- Figure 5 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand by Product, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Figure 6 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (000 m tons)
- Table 3 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (000 m tons)
- Figure 7 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Table 4 | Canada: Thermoplastic Elastomer Supply & Demand, 2009 - 2024 (000 m tons)
- Table 5 | Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Thermoplastic Elastomer Market
- Table 6 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Thermoplastic Elastomers