Flat Pouches: Side Seal & Pillow
Featuring 30 tables and 10 figures – now available in Excel and Powerpoint! Learn More
This study examines the US market for flat pouches. Product segments covered include flat pillow, four-side seal, and three-side seal flat pouches employed in food, beverage, and nonfood applications. Also discussed are pouch performance and/or physical characteristics such as:
- resealable pouches
- vacuum pouches
- retort pouches
- aseptic pouches
- stick pouches
Food market segments for pouches include:
- candy and snack foods (e.g., savory snacks, candy and confection, bakery snacks, nuts and dried fruit)
- processed foods (e.g., dry foods, frozen foods, sauces and condiments)
- fresh produce
- meat, poultry, and seafood
- pet food and treats
- other food, including coffee and tea (not ready-to-drink), yogurt, pudding, sugar and alternate sweeteners, protein powders, and nutritional gels
Nonfood market segments include:
- pharmaceuticals and medical supplies and instruments
- consumer products (wipes, hand soaps and cleaning products, lawn and garden products)
- industrial and other products, including agricultural and other chemicals, and small industrial and electronic components and parts
How will the COVID-19 coronavirus impact the global economy? The Freedonia Group is tracking recent developments and analyzing their impact in an easy to follow Economic Impact Tracker.
Excluded from the scope of the study are stand-up pouches, bags and sacks, bag-in-box packaging, reusable pouches, non-packaging pouch applications (e.g., pouches for in-house sterilization of medical and dental instruments), and air cushioning pouch packaging systems.
Historical data (2009, 2014, and 2019) and forecasts for 2024 are provided for pouch demand (including merchant and captive production) in current dollars (including inflation) by product type and market and in units.
Back to Top