Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2016-2017 provides the most up-to-date business information not only on the impact of recent changes in education policy but on the emergence of new technologies and the new applications for traditional technology (print) in the school market. The updated annual report provides the most recent comprehensive overview of the U.S. school market and the instructional materials providers that serve it.
Topics of relevance for emerging, developing and structurally changing business models in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2016-2017 include:
• Market size by media segment: basal core curriculum, courseware, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video, classroom magazines and state summative tests;
• Drivers of and challenges to growth by segment;
• Initiatives by traditional publishers to adapt their once-print businesses to a digital future;
• Focus of ed-tech start-up activity in the first part of 2016
• Changing demographics of U.S. students;
• Trends in state funding for education;
• What subjects schools are spending on;
• The changing instructional materials adoption landscape;
• Competitive analyses of 11 leading publishers;
• Market segment projections through 2019.