Effective Date: May 26, 2000; Updated December 1, 2006; Updated August 1, 2022
This privacy notice covers all of the online information practices of the MarketResearch.com website (https://www.MarketResearch.com), the Freedonia Group website (https://www.freedoniagroup.com); the Packaged Facts website (https://www.PackagedFacts.com), the SBI (Specialists in Business Information) website (https://www.sbireports.com) and such other websites as may be owned and operated by MarketResearch.com, Inc. from time to time. Sites maintained by our Web distribution partners have their own privacy and security policies.
Since Brexit, the United Kingdom (UK) has implemented the UK-GDPR, which is nearly identical to the EU-GDPR. All references to GDPR or the EU take in to account UK-GDPR requirements. Please note the following:
- Transfers of data between the UK and EU are still permitted.
- Transfers of data to all other countries outside the EU and UK (such as the U.S. and Canada) can rely on the same transfer requirements as outlined by the EU-GDPR.
In accordance with its necessary business practices MarketResearch.com, Inc. collects and processes personal data relating to its customers. MarketResearch.com, Inc. is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data, and to meeting its data protection obligations as defined by the GDPR.
What information do we collect?
- IP Address: When you visit this site, your IP address is recorded. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website by creating statistical reports and tracking errors. Your IP address is used to help identify you when you buy and to gather broad demographic identification that will not be tied to your identity.
- Personal Identification Information: This includes name, address, contact details, email, phone. This information is collected (1) when you subscribe to our Alert or newsletter services, (2) when you want to view detailed information about our products, and/or (3) when you want to submit a question about our products/services to our customer service staff.
- Credit Card or Payment Information: This information is collected when purchases are made.
- Usage and Purchase History
- Name and Email Address of Colleague(s): If you elect to use our "Email to a Colleague" feature to inform others about our site or about particular products on our site, we ask you for your name and email address and your colleague's name and email address. MarketResearch.com will automatically send the colleague a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. MarketResearch.com does not store this information. It is used for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of the referral program.
- Cookies and other technical or site function data: This site uses "cookies" and other technology to record usage of the website. This gives us information about how many people visit certain pages on the site. We also use this technology to customize your experience on the service.
- Login Information: Your ID and site password is stored for verification on future visits and for future purchases.
MarketResearch.com may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in website registration forms, customer-initiated chat applications, payment submission forms, notes collected through phone conversations, etc. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties. We do not collect special categories of personal data.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including in HR management systems, on other IT systems (including email), and marketing and sales-related software/spreadsheets.
Why does MarketResearch.com process personal data?
We need to process data to take steps to enter in to a contract with you or to continue to fulfill a contract with you, which may even be a single purchase. For example, to register you as a new customer, process and deliver your order, manage our business relationship with you, enable you to complete surveys, deliver relevant website content, make recommendations to you for goods and services, etc. In some cases, processing your data is necessary to our legitimate business interests, such as to study how customers use our products/services or to recover debts owed to us. In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with legal obligations as defined by the appropriate governments.
All information we collect will help us maintain your account and provide services to you.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for legitimate business reasons, such as customer support, marketing, or other client relationship building activities. This includes members of the marketing and sales teams, company analysts, Human Capital, and IT.
MarketResearch.com may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is necessary to fulfill the contract/provide requested services to our customers or to comply with the law. Some specific examples include:
- Publishers: We may share personal information with copyright holders (i.e. publishers or authors) for any products you purchase. The publisher(s) may send you marketing materials and if you do not wish to receive these materials you will need to contact the publisher directly in order to opt-out.
- Shipping of Mailed Purchases: Our publishers use an outside shipping service provider to fulfill applicable orders. These orders will be shipped to you directly from the publisher via a shipping provider, such as FedEx or DHL.
- Payment Processing: When you buy something with a credit card, we use a credit card processing service provider to verify your credit card and bill you. If necessary, the information is shared with the publisher of the information you bought. If you purchase something that must be shipped to you, the shipper receives your contact information for this limited purpose.
Other than those third parties indicated above, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade personal identifiable information with other third parties for their promotional purposes.
For how long does MarketResearch.com keep data?
MarketResearch.com will retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with services and/or complete data analytics processes. MarketResearch.com may also use your information in order to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce contracts and agreements.
As a data subject you have a number of rights. European clients and visitors can submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) to our Data Protection Officer to:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request to the (right of transparency)
- Request the organization to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Request the organization to delete (right of erasure) or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
How is your information protected?
MarketResearch.com is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. In addition, everything submitted to us is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This encryption method is used widely on the Internet to keep information secure. Although we use advanced encryption (Secure Socket Layers), we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us. While our website is secure, the Internet is not. If you prefer, our operators are standing by 3:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST Monday through Thursday and 3:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST Fridays at 800.298.5699 (U.S.) or +1.240.747.3093 (Int'l) should you prefer to place an order over the phone.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any questions regarding your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officers
6116 Executive Blvd., Suite 550
North Bethesda, MD 20852
Email: [email protected]
Web site URL: https://www.marketresearch.com/corporate/about#contact
For European and United Kingdom clients, if you believe that the organization has not complied with your data protection rights under GDPR, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner.