This report forecasts to 2024 cap and closure demand in units, and demand and shipments in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in the UK. Total demand is segmented by material in terms of: plastic, metal, rubber, and cork.HIGHLIGHTSMARKET ENVIRONMENT
Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: carbonated soft drinks; beer; other beverages such as bottled water, milk, and wine; food; pharmaceuticals; and other markets such as cosmetics and toiletries, household chemicals, and paint and coatings.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand in units is provided in annual series from 2009 to 2019; total demand and total shipments in dollars, and the various segments in units are reported at five-year intervals for 2009, 2014, and 2019.
This report analyzes the market for caps and closures. The closures included herein are those used on containers intended for disposal after use. A significant degree of overlap exists among product categories. For example, some trigger dispensers are outfitted with child-resistant features. For purposes of this report, a closure is categorized by the primary function of the closure. In the example here, the closure would be categorized as a child-resistant closure.
Excluded from the scope of this report are: caps and closures that are an integral part of the container (e.g., aerosol can valve assemblies, metal and composite can tops, peel-up aluminum lids), home canning and bottling closures, glass and paperboard closures, closures for industrial bulk containers, flexible closures such as twist ties or foil lidding, and caps and closures used in nonpackaging applications (e.g., valve covers, distributor caps, pen caps, food storage containers lids, liquor decanter closures).
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate at that prevailing in 2019.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
321999 All other miscellaneous wood product manufacturing
326199 All other plastics product manufacturing
326299 All other rubber product manufacturing
332119 Metal crown, closure, and other metal stamping (except automotive)
MATERIALS SEGMENTATION & FORECASTSMARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Caps & Closures Industry
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Western Europe Regional Outlook
SUPPLY & DEMANDINDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Other Beverages
- Other Markets
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- Figure 1 | UK: Key Trends in the Cap & Closure Market, 2019 - 2024
- Figure 2 | UK: Cap & Closure Demand Trends, 2009 - 2019
- Table 1 | UK: Key Indicators for Cap & Closure Demand, 2009 - 2024 (2018US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | Western Europe: Cap & Closure Demand by Country, 2019 (%)
- Figure 4 | UK: Cap & Closure Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Table 2 | UK: Cap & Closure Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Figure 5 | UK: Cap & Closure Demand by Material, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Figure 6 | UK: Cap & Closure Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Table 3 | UK: Cap & Closure Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (bil units)
- Figure 7 | UK: Cap & Closure Demand by Market, 2009 - 2024 (%)
- Table 4 | UK: Cap & Closure Supply & Demand, 2009 - 2024
- Table 5 | UK: Selected Suppliers to the Cap & Closure Market
- Table 6 | HS Codes Related to Caps & Closures