This report forecasts to 2025 consumer water treatment product demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in Canada. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: point-of-entry systems, point-of-use systems (including under-sink; countertop; faucet-mounted; and flow-through and other point-of-use systems, such as atmospheric, showerhead, reusable water bottles, and filter straws), and replacement parts.HIGHLIGHTSMARKET ENVIRONMENT
System demand (excluding replacement parts) is segmented by technology as follows: conventional filtration, membrane separation, distillation, and other technologies such as ultraviolet (UV) disinfection and ozone treatment.
The technology under which a particular product is classified is determined by the highest level of treatment in that system. For instance, if a product includes both conventional filtration and reverse osmosis, it is labeled as a reverse osmosis system because that technology removes the most contaminants.
Excluded from the scope of this report are refrigerator water filters and pitchers because these systems are originally sold to equipment manufacturers and only the replacement units are sold to consumers. Water softeners are also excluded from the scope of this report.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are developed based on values expressed in the applicable local currency, when available. These local currency values are converted to US dollars using the average annual exchange rate for that year, and those exchange rate trends are then utilized to evaluate the overall value series. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2020.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
325998 All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing
333318 Other Commercial and Service Industry Machinery
PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact on the Consumer Water Treatment Industry
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
TECHNOLOGY SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Point-of-Entry (POE) Systems
- Point-of-Use (POU) Systems
- Replacement Parts
- Conventional Filtration
- Membrane Separation
- Other Technologies
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- Figure 1 | Canada: Key Trends in Consumer Water Treatment Product Demand, 2020 - 2025
- Figure 2 | Canada: Consumer Water Treatment Product Demand Trends, 2010 - 2020
- Table 1 | Canada: Key Indicators for Consumer Water Treatment Demand, 2010 - 2025
- Figure 3 | Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 2 | Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 4 | Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Product, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Figure 5 | Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Technology, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Table 3 | Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Technology, 2010 - 2025 (US$ mil)
- Figure 6 | Canada: Consumer Water Treatment System Demand by Technology, 2010 - 2025 (%)
- Table 4 | Canada: Selected Suppliers to the Consumer Water Treatment Market by Product
- Table 5 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Consumer Water Treatment