This report forecasts to 2027 US corrugated box demand and shipments in square meters, and containerboard for corrugated boxes demand and shipments in metric tons. Total corrugated box demand is segmented by market in terms of food and beverage, nonfood nondurable goods, e-commerce, and other markets such as durable goods and catalog sales.HIGHLIGHTSMARKET ENVIRONMENT
To illustrate historical trends, total corrugated box demand is provided in annual series from 2012 to 2022; corrugated box shipments, containerboard for corrugated boxes demand and shipments, and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2012, 2017, and 2022.
This report analyzes the market for corrugated boxes and the main raw material used to make boxes, containerboard. Covered products include
corrugated boxes, including regular slotted containers and other corrugated containers such as die cut and five-panel folder boxes; and containerboard used to make corrugated boxes.
Boxes that serve as primary packaging in retail stores and e-commerce ready packaging are included in their respective manufacturing markets (e.g., food and beverage, nonfood nondurable goods).
Excluded from the scope of this report are other paper packaging, including set-up boxes, mailers, paperboard folding cartons, protective packaging such as corrugated edge protectors and paper fill, and paper bags; other disposable paper products, such as tissues, toilet paper, and paper foodservice products such as cartons, clamshells, boxes, buckets, cups, and straws; and corrugated board used to make products other than boxes, such as edge protectors and box partitions.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Codes:
322130 Paperboard mills
322211 Corrugated and solid fiber box manufacturing
MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact
- Competitive Products & Technologies
- North America Regional Outlook
CORRUGATED BOX SUPPLY & DEMANDCONTAINERBOARD SUPPLY & DEMANDINDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Food & Beverage
- Nonfood Nondurable Goods
- Other Markets
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- Figure 1 | Key Trends in US Corrugated Box Demand, 2022 - 2027
- Figure 2 | US Corrugated Box Demand Trends, 2012 - 2022
- Table 1 | Key Indicators for US Corrugated Box Demand, 2012 - 2027 (2012US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | North America Corrugated Box Demand by Country, 2022 (%)
- Figure 4 | US Corrugated Box Demand by Market, 2012 - 2027 (bil sq mtr)
- Table 2 | US Corrugated Box Demand by Market, 2012 - 2027 (mil sq mtr)
- Figure 5 | US Corrugated Box Demand by Market, 2012 - 2027 (%)
- Table 3 | US Corrugated Box Supply & Demand, 2012 - 2027 (mil sq mtr)
- Table 4 | US Containerboard for Corrugated Boxes Supply & Demand, 2012 - 2027 (000 m tons)
- Table 5 | Selected Suppliers to the US Corrugated Box Market
- Table 6 | NAICS & SIC Codes Related to Corrugated Boxes