Cleveland OH, March 8, 2023 – According to a new study by The Freedonia Group, US Home & Garden Pesticides
, going forward, insecticides will continue to represent the majority of demand, accounting for 57% of sales in 2026:
- Insecticides tend to be the most expensive pesticides used in the home and garden market.
- Insecticide use is less likely to be viewed as elective; a homeowner who tolerates weeds due to monetary or time limitations is less likely to tolerate household insect infestations or to risk contracting an insect-borne disease.
Demand for home and garden insecticides and insect repellents is expected to grow less than 1.0% per year from a high 2021 base to $1.7 billion in 2026. The COVID-19 pandemic increased the attention paid to pests in and around homes and supported high levels of product sales in 2020 and 2021. Looking forward, it is expected that the trends toward higher value products with safer, easier-to-use formulations – such as sprays with lower active ingredient concentrations – will continue.
The household segment is the larger application and saw the majority of gains in 2020 and 2021. This segment, which represented 87% of demand in 2021, will be supported by:
- healthy population growth in the South, where household insect problems tend to be more prominent
- continued issues with invasive insect species, such as red imported fire ants
- ongoing demand for insect repellents, particularly in light of consumer wariness following various outbreaks in recent years, such as West Nile virus, Zika virus, and other insect-borne diseases
About The Freedonia Group
The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is a premier international business research company, providing clients with product analyses, market forecasts, industry trends, and market share information. From one-person consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased, reliable industry market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. The Freedonia Group’s brands also include Packaged Facts, a trusted provider of consumer market research on food & beverage, pet products and services, demographics, and financial services, and Simba Information, the leading authority for market intelligence and forecasts on the education and professional publishing industries. Find off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for custom research: +1 440.842.2400.