COVID-19 Economic Impact Report: Global Cement
The global cement industry is facing a number of challenges as it deals with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. How has the macroeconomic environment changed and what does it mean for the global cement industry going forward?
COVID-19 Economic Impact Report: Global Cement looks at how the expected impact of the pandemic on the current macroeconomic environment compares to other major events since 2000, including the bursting of technology bubble, the SARS outbreak, the 2009 global downturn, and the European financial crisis. It also provides a historical view of global industry sales since 2000, a look at how the industry is being currently impacted, and estimates for global industry sales through 2023.
This slide presentation considered cement types such as:
- blended cement
- portland cement
- other types of cement, including fly ash, slag, and other pozzolanic cements, masonry cement, and specialty cements
In addition, demand is analyzed by market:
- residential building construction
- nonresidential building construction
- roads, bridges, and other nonbuilding construction
Demand is analyzed by end user, such as:
- ready-mix concrete producers
- concrete product manufacturers
- other users, including agricultural and governmental uses
Back to Top