This report forecasts to 2023 membrane demand in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in the UK. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of: microfiltration; reverse osmosis; ultrafiltration; and other membranes such as nanofiltration, electrodialysis, and pervaporation. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: food and beverage processing; wastewater treatment; pharmaceutical and medical; water treatment; and other markets such as chemical processing, commercial and consumer water treatment, and electronics processing.HIGHLIGHTSMARKET ENVIRONMENT
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2008 to 2018; the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2008, 2013, and 2018.
This report covers the market for membranes, which are permeable surfaces with pore sizes of less than 10 micrometers. Only the membrane elements themselves are included in the scope of this report; membrane filtration units and other related equipment are excluded. Conventional particle filtration (i.e., filters with pore sizes greater than 10 micrometers are also excluded.
Demand encompasses the sale of a membrane element from the manufacturer to distributors or end users. Additional markups due to the inclusion of the membrane in a larger system or from related services are excluded.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2018.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading suppliers, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- Environmental & Regulatory Factors
- Western Europe Regional Outlook
MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Reverse Osmosis
- Other Membranes
- Food & Beverage Processing
- Wastewater Treatment
- Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Water Treatment
- Other Markets
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- Figure 1 | UK: Key Trends in the Membrane Market, 2018 - 2023
- Figure 2 | UK: Membrane Demand Trends, 2008 - 2018
- Table 1 | UK: Key Indicators for Membrane Demand, 2008 - 2023 (2017US$ bil)
- Table 2 | Advantages & Disadvantages of Membrane Separation Technologies
- Figure 3 | Western Europe: Membrane Demand by Country, 2018 (%)
- Figure 4 | UK: Membrane Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023 (US$ mil)
- Table 3 | UK: Membrane Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | UK: Membrane Demand by Product, 2008 - 2023 (%)
- Figure 6 | UK: Membrane Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023 (US$ mil)
- Table 4 | UK: Membrane Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023 (US$ mil)
- Figure 7 | UK: Membrane Demand by Market, 2008 - 2023 (%)
- Table 5 | UK: Selected Suppliers to the Membrane Market
- Table 6 | HS Codes Related to Membranes
- Table 7 | NACE Codes Related to Membranes