This report forecasts to 2026 packaging machinery demand and shipments in nominal US dollars at the manufacturer level in China. Total demand is segmented by product in terms of:HIGHLIGHTSMARKET ENVIRONMENT
filling; case forming, packing, and sealing; labeling and coding; wrapping, bundling, and palletizing; other machinery such as bottling and canning line machinery, cartoning equipment, and inspecting, detecting, and checkweighing machinery; and parts. Total demand is also segmented by market as follows: food; beverages; pharmaceuticals and personal care products; chemicals; and other markets such as building materials, electronics, and paper and paper products.
To illustrate historical trends, total demand is provided in annual series from 2011 to 2021; shipments and the various segments are reported at five-year intervals for 2011, 2016, and 2021.
Machinery that is used to manufacture packaging products, rather than to package end use products, is excluded from the scope of this report.
Also excluded from the scope of this report are certain products sometimes considered to be packaging machinery, including converting equipment (like blow molders, can making machinery, extruders, and other equipment used to form packages – except where they are integral parts of packaging machines such as form-fill-seal equipment) and associated line equipment like conveyors. Used packaging machines of all types and related services such as equipment rebuilding, retrofitting, and systems integration are excluded from the scope.
For the purposes of this report, packaging equipment or packaging systems that perform multiple functions are classified by their primary function. For example, a form-fill-seal machine that also includes a labeling system is considered a form-fill-seal machine, with labeling considered a secondary function.
For any given historical year, US dollar amounts are obtained from values expressed in the applicable local currency. These local currency values are converted to US dollars at the average annual exchange rate for that year. For forecast years, the US dollar amounts assume the same annual exchange rate as that prevailing in 2021.
Key macroeconomic indicators are also provided with quantified trends. Other various topics, including profiles of pertinent leading companies, are covered in this report. A full outline of report items by page is available in the Table of Contents.
Related NAICS Code:
333993 Packaging Machinery Manufacturing
PRODUCT SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Historical Trends
- Key Economic Indicators
- COVID-19 Impact
- Functional Competition
- Technology & New Product Development
- Asia/Pacific Regional Outlook
MARKET SEGMENTATION & FORECASTS
- Case Forming, Packing, & Sealing
- Labeling & Coding
- Wrapping, Bundling, & Palletizing
- Other Machinery
SUPPLY & DEMAND FORECASTSINDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care Products
- Other Markets
ABOUT THIS REPORT
- Industry Characteristics
- Market Leaders
LIST OF TABLES & FIGURES
- Industry Codes
- Freedonia Methodology
- Figure 1 | China: Key Trends in Packaging Machinery Demand, 2021 - 2026
- Figure 2 | China: Packaging Machinery Demand Trends, 2011 - 2021
- Table 1 | China: Key Indicators for Packaging Machinery Demand, 2011 - 2026 (2019US$ bil)
- Figure 3 | Asia/Pacific: Packaging Machinery Demand by Country, 2021 (%)
- Figure 4 | China: Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2011 - 2026 (US$ bil)
- Table 2 | China: Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2011 - 2026 (US$ mil)
- Figure 5 | China: Packaging Machinery Demand by Product, 2011 - 2026 (%)
- Figure 6 | China: Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2011 - 2026 (US$ bil)
- Table 3 | China: Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2011 - 2026 (US$ mil)
- Figure 7 | China: Packaging Machinery Demand by Market, 2011 - 2026 (%)
- Table 4 | China: Packaging Machinery Supply & Demand, 2011 - 2026 (US$ mil)
- Table 5 | China: Selected Suppliers to the Packaging Machinery Market
- Table 6 | HS Codes Related to Packaging Machinery