Cleveland OH, July 20, 2022 – A new Freedonia Group analysis finds that the commercial market will account for the largest absolute gains of any industrial and institutional (I&I) cleaning chemical market due to a rebound in foodservice applications, as revenues from restaurants and other foodservice establishments continue to grow following significant pandemic-related declines in 2020. In addition:
- The return of international tourism, which suffered significantly in 2020 and continued to be affected in 2021, will also spur cleaning chemical demand for hotels.
- Transportation, distribution, and storage applications will also see significant growth, as increased manufacturing of a variety of goods, coupled with rising e-commerce activity, spur demand for vehicle care and floor care products.
Key Market Trends Through 2026
The commercial market will remain the leading segment of the global I&I cleaning chemicals market through 2026, supported by:
- an acceleration in global nonresidential building construction following weak, pandemic-related growth during the prior period
- rising food safety concerns following well-publicized cases of foodborne illness
- increasing worries among the public regarding environmental exposure to irritating or dangerous chemicals, prompting the use of safer cleaning chemicals that are either higher value or those that tend to be used in greater volumes
The institutional and government segment is expected to post healthy gains, driven by:
- aging populations in developed regions
- a healthy rate of increase in healthcare spending in developing economies
Demand in manufacturing applications will post similar growth, supported by increasing manufacturing output and rising demand from end users and the general public for more sustainable products with a smaller environmental footprint.
Want to Learn More?
Global Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Cleaning Chemicals provides historical data for 2009, 2014, and 2021 and forecasts to 2026 in current US dollars (which are not adjusted to account for inflation) for global I&I cleaning chemicals demand by product, market, and major world region and country. Corporate trends among market leaders including market share are also analyzed.
- general purpose cleaners
- floor care products
- warewashing products
- disinfectants and sanitizers
- laundry care products
- vehicle care products
- other products such as furniture polishes, oven cleaners, drain cleaners, deodorizers, urinal cakes and bathroom cleaners
- retail cleaning
- transportation, distribution, and storage facilities
- hotels and accommodations
- other commercial markets, including commercial laundries and dry cleaning facilities, commercial car washes, gymnasiums, sporting venues, theaters, amusement parks, and museums
- food and beverage processing
- fabricated metal manufacturing
- other manufacturing markets, including manufacturers of chemical and allied products, computer equipment, electrical equipment, electronic components, machinery, petroleum and coal products, pulp and paper, rubber, and transportation equipment
- institutional and governmental
- other institutional and governmental markets, including educational facilities, childcare establishments, religious facilities, municipal buildings, fire and police stations, correctional facilities, military bases, parks and other public works, and community centers and union halls
About the Freedonia Group - The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the premier international industrial research company, providing our clients with product analyses, market forecasts, industry trends, and market share information. From one-person consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased, reliable industry market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published annually, we support over 90% of the industrial Fortune 500 companies. Find off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for custom research: +1 440.842.2400.