Cleveland OH, July 22, 2022 – A new Freedonia Group analysis finds that specialized products are gaining share of the global industrial and institutional (I&I) cleaning chemicals market.
General purpose cleaners will remain the most used cleaning chemical product due to their ease of use, which makes them amenable to nearly all applications. However, specialized products are steadily becoming more important, and are cumulatively reducing general purpose cleaners’ share of the market due to their better performance. In particular, disinfectants and sanitizers are gaining share, due to growth in food and beverage processing and efforts by processors to meet the stringent cleanliness regulations of their trade partners.
Global I&I Cleaning Chemicals Market to Grow 3.9% Annually Through 2026
Global demand for I&I cleaning chemicals is projected to increase 3.9% annually to $53.7 billion in 2026, with growth driven by continued heightened concerns regarding the spread of contagious diseases, viral infections (including healthcare-associated infections (HAIs)), and foodborne pathogens – particularly in healthcare, food processing, and foodservice settings.
Want to Learn More?
Global Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Cleaning Chemicals provides historical data for 2009, 2014, and 2021 and forecasts to 2026 in current US dollars (which are not adjusted to account for inflation) for global I&I cleaning chemicals demand by product, market, and major world region and country. Corporate trends among market leaders including market share are also analyzed.
- general purpose cleaners
- floor care products
- warewashing products
- disinfectants and sanitizers
- laundry care products
- vehicle care products
- other products such as furniture polishes, oven cleaners, drain cleaners, deodorizers, urinal cakes and bathroom cleaners
- retail cleaning
- transportation, distribution, and storage facilities
- hotels and accommodations
- other commercial markets, including commercial laundries and dry cleaning facilities, commercial car washes, gymnasiums, sporting venues, theaters, amusement parks, and museums
- food and beverage processing
- fabricated metal manufacturing
- other manufacturing markets, including manufacturers of chemical and allied products, computer equipment, electrical equipment, electronic components, machinery, petroleum and coal products, pulp and paper, rubber, and transportation equipment
- institutional and governmental
- other institutional and governmental markets, including educational facilities, childcare establishments, religious facilities, municipal buildings, fire and police stations, correctional facilities, military bases, parks and other public works, and community centers and union halls
About the Freedonia Group - The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the premier international industrial research company, providing our clients with product analyses, market forecasts, industry trends, and market share information. From one-person consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased, reliable industry market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published annually, we support over 90% of the industrial Fortune 500 companies. Find off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for custom research: +1 440.842.2400.