The conversation is shifting to how do we live with COVID-19, as more experts believe it will become endemic.
Touchless technologies and automation will likely be among the things key to successful reopening. Opportunities exist in:
- Touchless plumbing – no-touch faucets, toilet flushes, soap dispenser, hand dryers, towel dispensers
- Automatic doors – moving beyond grocery store and big-box entrances to office entrances and public restrooms
- Keyless/touchless entry – rise of facial recognition (a contact-free biometric system) for allowing access
- Contactless payment systems – online ordering, even for in-store or pick-up purchases, and rise of mobile payment options (e.g., Apple Pay, Paypal, Venmo)
- Automated manufacturing – enables improved physical distancing among workers and makes reshoring strategic industries more cost effective
For more information, see The Freedonia Group’s coverage of plumbing products, windows and doors, and other construction and building products; as well as security reports and info about payments cards and services from our sister publisher Packaged Facts. Freedonia Custom Research is also available for questions requiring tailored market intelligence.